I attended Google’s Think eCommerce conference and decided to make a small post summing up key takeaways.
The emphasis was on mobile. It was a fil rouge of the event.
Interesting stuff from the talks:
– Best buy hires social media savvy people on all levels of the company to foster engagement.
– They are integrating Facebook social plugins on their transactional website to allow comments, Likes and recommendations (Levi’s just did the same-but this remark is my copyright)
– They are investing heavily in mobile working hand by hand with Google on customized search results ie find the stores in the first dialog box you get on sponsored results
– Mobile has grown more in the last 18 months than PC has in the past 13 years.
– Major takeaway was to have separate Google campaigns for mobile as they tend to deliver more ROI (average 5% more) and to give valuable insights on mobile behaviour.
– Get on mobile now
– Integrate Facebook Social Plugins